Monday, May 3, 2010

Why I am not writing

I feel obliged to make excuses because I have not been writing enough. I have, of course, been reading but I should be writing a little bit more. I will try.

Just finished reading "Mental Leaps" by Holyoak and Thagard. This book is all about analogy and creativity and I will be discussing the book and analogy shortly. I have also been working some more on Bayes' Theorem which I will also make an entry about. One thing that is slowing me down at this point is that I wish to embed some images and equations in these posts and I have also been trying out some different equation editors. I am trying out Open Office a little more, hopefully I can get its equation editor to work well. The Word equation editor is ok. The third party editors seem to be a bit of a pain in the butt. I have found an open source version that I may try out.

I am just going to make the diagrams in Powerpoint and try embedding them as html or I will convert them to an image and embed them that way.

No comments: